INTRODUCING A PROFESSIONAL NAIL
KeryFlex is a safe, in-office application that restores the appearance of patient’s natural nails. The product is used to remodel patients’ nails affected by fungus, nail deformities and trauma. The patented resin creates a flexible, non-porous nail that allows the remaining natural nails to grow. The KeryFlex nail provides an immediate cosmetic improvement to compliment oral antifungal or laser treatments. The KeryFlex nail is durable and unaffected by acetone, nail polishes or detergents.
Why the KeryFlex Nail Restoration System?
- While fungus infections of the toenails are treatable, it takes up to a year for old damaged nail tissue to grow out and be replaced by healthy looking nail. The KeryFlex Nail Restoration System can improve the appearance of toenails being treated with oral antifungal medication or laser.
- Some patients with fungus infections of the toenails are not candidates for antifungal therapy due to medical or cost reasons. The KeryFlex Nail Restoration System provides them with an option to wear open toe shoes or walk barefoot without embarrassment.
- Nails that are unusually narrow or oddly shaped as as a result of a prior surgical procedure can benefit from the KeryFlex Nail Restoration System.
- Nails that are deformed as a result of prior trauma (I.E. Impact injury or repetitive pressure from shoes or activity) have likely sustained irreversible damage to the nail root cells (Matrix). The KeryFlex nail system can be used to instantly improve the appearance of nails that used to have no other treatment option.
Benefits of KeryFlex System:
- Doesn’t irritate the skin
- Will not bond to skin, allowing a natural edge to be fabricated
- Provides for cosmetically pleasing nails during oral or laser antifungal therapy
- KeryFlex nail is durable, flexible and moves with the foot
- Can be painted with nail polish
Ideal candidates have mild to moderate impairment:
- Onychomycosis (Fungal infection of the toenails)
- Nail shape changes due to injury
- Spoon shaped nails
- Brittle and splitting nails
- Nails deformed from a prior procedure
- Horizontal ridges
- Discolored nails
KeryFlex is not recommended for patients with:
- In-grown toe nails
- Symptomatic peripheral vascular disease
- Arterial insufficiency
- Symptomatic peripheral diabetic neuropathy
- Suspicious pigmented lesions on natural nail
- Complete absence of the toenail (at least 15% of nail must be present)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is KeryFlex?
KeryFlex is a nail restoration system that uses polymer resins and special activators to create a durable, yet flexible artificial nail.
How long does it take to apply KeryFlex?
On average, in experienced hands, the application of a KeryFlex nail can be completed in 10-15 minutes for the hallux or great toe.
After Keryflex is applied, how soon must the patient return for another application?
he interval between applications will vary according to the patient, but in general, the time between applications is six to eight weeks.
What if the patient wants to have a KeryFlex nail removed?
If the patient wants to have the nail removed, he/she must return to the office.
Can patients use nail polish and nail polish remover on a KeryFlex nail?
Yes, patients can use nail polish and nail polish remover on a KeryFlex nail.
Is KeryFlex a treatment for onychomycosis and related nail disorders?
KeryFlex is NOT a treatment for onychomycosis or related nail disorders. KeryFlex is designed for use as a cosmetic to make a patient’s nail appear more attractive.
Have any adverse events of side effects been reported with KeryFlex use?
The manufacturer of KeryFlex, Wilde GmBH, has not reported any adverse events with the use of KeryFlex according to the manufacturer’s directions.